Biosafety Cabinet Testing and Certification
B&V offers comprehensive biological safety cabinet testing, certification, decontamination and repair services with the largest staff of NSF-accredited certifiers in the Northeast. Our trained and vastly experienced technicians are authorized by all major manufacturers to perform warranty repair work. BSC testing testing and certification services are executed in accordance with B&V standard operating procedures (SOPs) which are updated to remain compliant with current industry standards, guidelines and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs). B&V offers services for Class I, Class II and Class III BSCs.
Depending on the field application, Class II BSCs are certified on a semi-annual or annual basis. Class II biosafety cabinets are certified to NSF/ANSI 49 and manufacturer’s specifications.
Required tests include:
- Downflow velocity profiling
- Inflow velocity profiling
- Airflow visualization testing
- HEPA filter integrity testing
- Site installation assessment testing including alarm calibration, as applicable
- Cabinet integrity testing, A1 cabinets only, as applicable
Optional tests include:
- Particulate monitoring
- Light monitoring
- Noise monitoring
- Vibration monitoring
- Magnehelic gauge calibration
- Electrical leakage, ground circuit resistance and polarity testing
Our vast technical knowledge and experience coupled with our steadfast commitment to quality and the highest standards of customer service, provide our clients with reliable, accurate and thoroughly documented biosafety cabinet certification results, ensuring optimal BSC performance, documented regulatory and quality compliance, and minimized equipment down time.
With each service call, B&V offers:
- Trained and accredited technical service of the highest quality
- Customized and quality-reviewed report documentation tailored to your needs
- Management of your equipment inventory and service records
Contact B&V today for superior biological safety cabinet services.
I just wanted to express my thanks to you and your team for all the help you have given us this week. Everyone has bent over backwards explaining things a million times and in accommodating our last minute requests and documentation needs. We would not have met our goal without all your help. Please pass along my thanks to anyone I might have missed.
- Biotech Lab Support Manager
The FDA is here on a PMA inspection and one of the areas that I had to present to them was the recertification binder for our ISO Class 7 Manufacturing Cleanroom. The auditor provided the following comment during his review: “This is one of the best put-together cleanroom reports I’ve seen”. Please keep up the great work you do for all of our facilities! It’s great to have partners that provide us quality work and are easy to work with too!
- Medical Device QA Engineer
I would just like to say that the BSC recertification process this year was ridiculously smooth. Thanks to YOU and all the techs for a GREAT job! Your service has been fantastic!
- University Biosafety Program Coordinator
I can't thank you enough for your timely response. It is much appreciated by Lab Support and our researchers. Your service has been excellent.
- Biotech Lab Support Manager
Thanks for making everything come together last week. Your technician was awesome. He worked well with the folks that were here. He was very knowledgeable and professional. He is an asset to your company. Great job!!
- Director of Pharmacy, Maine Hospital